Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Shulk Promotional art
that’s some a+ first aid skills right there aoba
putting a bandaid over a set of bandages
like it fixes profuse bleeding
why do some fans consider manani as 'evil'?
Ahh, let me try to answer you by memory since I don’t have the volumes on me now to check…
"Evil" is definitely not the correct word. I think fans were surprised by the 180 degree change in Manami’s usual personality on third day IH (what actually made me like him better) that they call him that out of reflex. But he’s not evil.
Third day IH spoilers behind cut.
Watanabe Wataru-sensei appeared as a guest for a radio podcast, Miracle Cycle Life. Since it’s a free podcast, I have no reservations about sharing these files publicly. ww
A summary of both broadcasts—
● Sensei didn’t want to do a bicycle manga at first because bicycling was only a hobby to him. But with the encouragement of his editor, he agreed to do a bike manga — with a female protagonist. The original idea for Yowamushi Pedal was a love comedy manga where the female protagonist was supposed to watch the progress of the boys in the bike club. However, since it was being serialized in a boys’ magazine, the editor told Sensei to change the protagonist to male. So it switched over from a love comedy series into a sports series.
● Onoda became an otaku because Sensei is surrounded by otaku in his profession and has great respect for them.
● The characters are not modeled after real people, because Sensei actually can’t do that.
● Sensei has general ideas on how the story should go for each interval of the race, but no idea on how long it would take. So the fact that Toudou and Makishima’s race takes place in chapter 100 turns out to be one fat coincidence.
● The host asks if Watanabe-sensei is aware that Yowamushi Pedal is popular with fujoshi (in their 6/8 broadcast, they interviewed a fujoshi who cosplayed as Naruko rofl). Sensei says that his editor often tells him that it’s popular with girls.
● Sensei makes sure to get at least 5 hours of sleep per day. He has two assistants who help with screentoning and jersey logos, but he draws most of the manga himself, including the bicycles and background.
● Sensei gets his ideas while he’s on his bicycle, although 9/10 times he throws away his ideas once he puts them on paper.
● Sensei rides at most 200km per week, when he is able to. He started biking at elementary school, so he’s been riding for over 30 years.
● Sensei originally rode mountain bikes but got a road bike after his friend kept insisting that he get one. He suffered riding it every day for a week because it was difficult, but then it became really fun.
● One thing he’s really careful about for the manga is showing how characters ride their bikes and how they are placed on it and on the ground.
Get Grilling! from After School Pedal
I saw Kinjou and decided this needed to be scanlated
Download it from here and talk to me about Kinjou and Tadokoro rivalries please
Insecticide Pedal from After School Pedal
Download it from here and talk to me about Makishima being scared because thats kinda cute